Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dave gets introduced to Minecraft

Dave: I think I just punched a chicken.
TalkingDog: Chicken puncher.
Nyperold: Kung Pow Chicken: Enter the Fist
____
Dave: And... I got killed by a zombie.
TalkingDog: brainz
Dave: In retrospect, digging a big hole in the sand was probably not my best plan for surviving a monster attack.
TalkingDog: Zombies don't like swords. You should make one.
Dave: I was trying, but I couldn't figure out how.
Dave: I guess I'll watch some videos now to find out what the hell to do.
Sam: LOL
Dave: I managed to build a workbench. But I couldn't find sticks. And everything beyond that requires sticks, apparently.
Dave: I punched the fork out of plenty of trees, but no sticks.
Randy: LOL
TalkingDog: Sticks are made from planks.
Dave: Ooooh. Thanks.
Dave: I absolutely love that resource collection involves PUNCHING THINGS.
Goosey: LOL LOL
_____
Dave: Oh man, you lose all your stuff when you die? My precious, precious things! That I punched various objects to collect!
TalkingDog: You can go pick it up, if it hasn't despawned.
TalkingDog: Items despawn in 5 minutes.  
_____
Dave: This tutorial guy needs to do more teaching and less telling me about how if I don't learn what he's about to teach I'll die.
Goosey: LOL
TalkingDog: That doesn't sound like a great tutorial.
Dave: Because I already learned that part the hard way.
Maryam: Are you still trying to figure out how to make sticks?
LaZorra: "Are you still trying to figure out how to make sticks?" is the best out-of-context line I've seen for a while.
LaZorra: IT IS SO HARD TO MAKE STICKS
Goosey: LOL LOL
Dave: Whoa. I made a door.
Goosey: Yay a door!
Dave: I punched the stuff out of a tree and somehow made a door. That's awesome.
Goosey: LOL
Goosey: I am glad you are enjoying yourself punching the stuff out of stuff.
Dave: LaZorra: It IS hard to make sticks. I mean, I thought punching trees would be enough. But no, first you have to punch trees to get wood, then you combine the wood into planks, and then from planks you can make sticks.
Randy: LOL
Goosey: Making sticks is SCIENCe.
Goosey: Okay, Goosey is going to make herself go to bed now.
Dave: How do I pause. Does it just auto pause?
Randy: nights!
Goosey: Dave: Esc.
TalkingDog: It'll pause if you're out of window too, but not if you have certain things open. (Inventory, crafting window, and similar.)
Dave: Ok cool.
Goosey: Dave: Also, pressing F3 will show your coordinates, and F5 will change the camera view
Dave: I wasn't sure if it actually paused on the options screen or not.
Goosey: yuppers
Dave: COORDINATES
Dave: Those could be handy.
Goosey: yus
Goosey: HAVE FUN

No comments:

Post a Comment